The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Minnows

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Minnows   Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:05 am

Hey everyone, how are you? :lol: I am still plodding on with my fishless cycle - at the stage now where my ammonia is starting to go down and I have constant nitrates so I think everything is going ok.

I was in my lfs over the weekend and saw some minnows. I think they were called white mountain minnows and apparently they are a coldwater fish although they were in the tropical section of the shop.

Would these be suitable playmates for goldfish?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Minnows   Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:19 am

I think Mary has White Cloud Mountin Minnows Carole.. She might be on later and I am sure she will be able to help you with this. Very Happy

ViaAqua Tank AR620 97litres
1 red male betta, 1 BN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mary
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Minnows   Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:20 am

I do indeed. I have ten WCMM in a tank with a Fantail and Black Moor. They all get along fine and it makes for an interesting coldwater community. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Minnows   Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:15 am

Do they have to be a certain size Mary - I mean if the goldies are getting bigger and the minnows are on the small size would they be seen as lunch or dont goldies do that sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Minnows   Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:15 pm

Well my goldfish are quite small atm and when I added the WCMM, the Fantail did make some effort to shimmy after them and catch them but eventually gave up 'coz they're faster swimmers. Maybe with a common goldfish, there might be a problem but the fancy varieties aren't the best swimmers so I reckon the WCMM would be ok. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnows   

Back to top Go down

Minnows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: OTHER CRITTERS :: COLDWATER AND PONDS-
Jump to: