The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Scarey!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Scarey!!   Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:00 am

Right, I havent been able to get a decent stand so have the tank on a dresser in the kitchen. Have filled it with water and it hasnt collapsed yet so fingers crossed it will be ok. Shocked

I have also managed to get some ammonia - you'd think I was trying to get some illegal substance!! Hardly anyone stocks it! Got it in the end though so tomorrow I am going to start the fishless cycle

I have got the filter and heater running at the mement just to make sure they work ok, and they do seem to be but the water is quite cloudy - is this normal?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Scarey!!   Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:04 am

Did you rinse out the filter media before you put it in the filter, evie? Sometimes there's bits of dust and grit that can cloud the water but I wouldn't worry to much about it. It'll prob clear itself. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Scarey!!   Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:16 am

Oh no I didnt!!! It never occured to me to do that. HAvent even got fish yet and am making mistakes already!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Scarey!!   Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 am

Not to worry. It won't make much of a difference to the fishless cycle and, like I said, it'll probably clear itself. Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarey!!   

Back to top Go down

Scarey!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1