Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mary
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Evolution Of My Goldifsh Tank   Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 am

My first goldfish tank was only 16L... silent ...as I didn't know about the minimum requirements at the time. The original occupants were a Common and an Orange & White Fantail, both of which died within a month of some unknown ailment. Sad

These fish were then replaced with a Black Moor while I hunted around for a suitable tank. Due to space constraints, I could only fit in a 60L tank but it was better than the original tank which then temporarily became a Q tank for WCMM. While I was getting the new tank set up, the Black Moor spent its first week or so in the 16L tank.

The new 60L tank was practically palatial in comparison although a little bare looking to begin with just the Black Moor in it. I then added an Orange Fantail and later on, a shoal of ten WCMM.

I just had plastic plants intially but added some Elodea at a later stage. Alas, it all died...

There was a major crisis a couple of months ago when the 60L tank started leaking...:eek:...Luckily, I had a spare two foot tank and was able to set that up and transfer the fish in there. I also took the opportunity to rearrange the old decor and add some new stuff. The old 16L tank was then reborn as a Betta Bachelor Pad!! So current stock is the Black Moor and Orange Fantail plus four remaining WCMM. Very Happy

A few Full Tank Shots. Smile

Diana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Of My Goldifsh Tank   Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:41 am

Thanks for the update Mary, it's good to see how peoples tanks evolve.

I wish I had kept the photo's of my tropical tank when I first set it up, but I lost them all when the hard drive went on my old computer and I didn't have copies Rolling Eyes

ViaAqua Tank AR620 97litres
1 red male betta, 1 BN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mary
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Of My Goldifsh Tank   Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:00 am

That's one of the reasons that I upload all my good photos to Flickr and print out a certain amount every couple of months or so. Then at least, I have backups if the hard drive goes belly-up. Shocked

Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Of My Goldifsh Tank   Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Nice tanks Mary - I like that plant with the red leaves on, it looks really good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Of My Goldifsh Tank   

Back to top Go down

Evolution Of My Goldifsh Tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: OTHER CRITTERS :: COLDWATER AND PONDS-
Jump to: