View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

So we are all soorted and settled in the new house, dont plan to move anywhere for a while, so iit's time to get a tank yay yay

I have been having a natter to the old girl, and she wants a marine set up. Bare in mind that she doesnt know one end of a tank from the other, just likes Finding Nemo banghead

I am not keen. Dont mind the marine fiish, think they are great but I just think it will be more workand not sure I want to take that on.

I'm thinking of about a 300litre tank.

What do you guys think? Marine or freshwater, and is that a decent size tank for a good display of either?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 pm

hi FF

marines or tropicals i recon its all down to how much free time you have mate, and money too but 300 lts will be a fantastic size tank looking forward to seeing you get that setup. Very Happy

Diana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 am

Oh FF, the joys of looking for tanks and fishless cycling! Brilliant Smile

As dekks says I guess it does depend on how much time you want to devote to it (you could always rope your better half in to it can't you!)

ViaAqua Tank AR620 97litres
1 red male betta, 1 BN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 am

Well, we have decided to have tropical Thank God (managed to bring 'her indoors round with ssweet words and promises) eyebrows and have been out today looking at tanks.

They have a sale on so there are some nice tanks and would like your views.

I like this one but it's a bow fronted and I have jeard that the shape affects how you can view the fish is that right?

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/vicenza-260-oak-and-wenge-bow-fronted-aquarium-by-fluval-22057

Other one I like is this. Not quite so big but looks good. Don't know whether to go a bit bigger though?

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/roma-240-oak-and-wenge-aquarium-and-cabinet-set-by-fluval-22005
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Both look nice FF.

I haven't had a bow shaped tank so am not sure how much of a difference it makes.

As for whether to go bigger, well the only thing to consider is price, the strength of your floor and how much space you have, so if you have bagfs of space you could have a monster! Smile

1 red male betta, 1 BN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 pm

I think the second one is better, not just the tank but the cabinet too- as long as it looks good with the stuff that's going to be next to the tank

I've seen some bow front tanks at the LFSs here, and the bend does make a difference, (not too much though).

240 litres is good enough and you can put a lot of fish mixes in there- a bigger tank is always better, of course!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 am

i have had both tanks but a smaller version

the vicenza tanks and the roma's both have drilled bases for the filter and is quite handy for lots of aplications

the worst part of the bow fronts is cleaning the glass that is curved but they look quite nice as a show tank tho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:11 am

Well Ive had a bit of a rethink and I think I would like a tank a bit bigger than either of them, something say about 350litre

Im going to have a bit of a search online and see if there are any nice ones of that size that I like the look of, then decorate the dining room where the tank will be.

Quick question though, the floor of the tank is wooden not carpet or laminate. Would it be better to put the stand on a rug or something?

Just thinking whether any drips would cause a problem with the wood after a while?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:41 am

That would be a great tanlkto have FF.

Dont know if you want to order online or look locally but Seapets have some near that size you might be interested in - theyve probably got others but this is one

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquariums/juwel/juwel-rio-aquariums/juwel-rio-300-aquarium-and-cabinet-beech.html

1 red male betta, 1 BN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32 pm

That looks the sort of thing I want Diana.

I would prefer to find somwewhere local rather than have it delivered just in case its damaged or has a problem.

Is seapets an ok shop? I think its been going for a while hasnt it so probably is. Ive only ever ordered a few plastic plants from them in the past Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS   

Back to top Go down

DECISIONS, DECISIONS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1