The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Quick question

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Quick question   Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:46 am

Hiya everyone. Ive had my second tank for just over a week now and have squeezed some of the mucky stuff from my established filter, as recommended.

I know this is a stupid question but I have just had a horrible thought, I havent been adding any ammonia - should I have been?? I am sure I should have but have only just thought of it! Please help!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Quick question   Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:56 am

Ooops!! I take it you have just left the tank empty have you carole? If you have done that for a week, then the chances are that all of the becateria will have died in your new filter.

It;s not all bad news though because you will have some more gunk on your old filter you can squeeze over the new one as you have done before.

Then you will have to dose the tank up to 5ppm and start to do the fishless cycle. The gunk you add will speed up the process for you, and just ask as many questions as you need to.

ViaAqua Tank AR620 97litres
1 red male betta, 1 BN
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quick question   Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06 am

sorry Diana I didnt see you had replied. It looks like I have well and truly messed this up then - I cant believe I have been so stupid!

Thanks for the information and help, I'll have to get some ammonia and get started again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question   

Back to top Go down

Quick question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: OTHER CRITTERS :: COLDWATER AND PONDS-
Jump to: